Instagram is without a doubt one of the most important networks for establishing a social presence. Over 1.1 billion people worldwide use Instagram, and more than 500 million of them are active every day. To get the most out of your Social Media strategy, you need to determine when your Instagram posts are most effective.
- The best times to post on Instagram
- In summary, what are the best days?
- Why are these times the best to publish?
- Analyze your best moment for each day and the trends of your industry
- Understand the impact of the Instagram algorithm on what your subscribers see
- How do you know when your audience is most active?
- Why you should schedule your Instagram posts?
- The best tools for scheduling your Instagram posts
- How to schedule your posts on Instagram?
- How often should you post on Instagram?
- Get closer to your subscribers
The best times to post on Instagram
- Sunday: between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Monday: between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 5:00 a.m., then 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5 a.m., 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Thursday: 5:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., then 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 5:00 a.m., then 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.
In general, posting during the slot between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on weekdays can help you generate better engagement. But you will see maximum engagement at specific times of the week.
In summary, what are the best days?
The best days to post on Instagram are Wednesday and Saturday.
Why are these times the best to publish?
If you think about your own work week, you know that your daily routine and mood can change from day to day. These subtle changes can affect when and how you engage with social media.
Many active social media users check their phones first when they wake up during the work week. Monday morning is often a little too busy, which is why an hour of morning posting from Tuesday to Friday tends to generate a larger engagement.
During lunch time, people also tend to check social media. And the end of the afternoon is another peak period as the concentration of people begins to fade, and social media can provide welcome respite.
Saturday morning is another rush hour, with a lot of traffic on Instagram. Many people are relaxed or have gone out to spend time with friends and family. This makes some people want to connect to social media and can make them more likely to view your content.
Also find out when to post on LinkedIn , when to post on Facebook and when to post on Twitter .
Analyze your best moment for each day and the trends of your industry
Although these hours of publications that we recommend are a good starting point, it is essential to establish your brand strategy adapted to your target and their behavior. Sectors such as technology, health, travel and tourism, media and entertainment, education, as well as non-profit organizations, all have different peak periods.
If you want to reach your target audience in your industry, you need to research relevant data to make the right decisions. So you can know the best day and time to post to Instagram and get the most out of your Instagram advertising budget .
Understand the impact of the Instagram algorithm on what your subscribers see
When you think about the best time to post on Instagram, you need to understand how the Instagram algorithm affects what people see.
Instagram’s algorithm focuses on the freshness of the content, so new posts are more likely to appear in user feeds. This means that your goal should be to make sure your posts are recent when the target users are most likely to visit Instagram.
The Instagram algorithm also assesses the engagement of each publication when determining whether it should be presented to your audience. If you know when is the best time to post on Instagram, you can build engagement and help each Instagram post reach all segments of your audience.
How do you know when your audience is most active?
If you have a professional Instagram account, you can use Instagram statistics to analyze demographics, engagement, and activity trends for your followers. Just as Google Analytics helps businesses make informed decisions, the Instagram Insights analytics tool can help you make smart decisions about when is the best time to post on Instagram for your unique audience.
You can access your personalized Instagram Insights data on your account page in the Instagram app. Just click on the bar graph icon at the top of the screen. You can consult the statistics of classic publications and of your Stories.
On the main statistics page, you will see data about your Instagram activity during the past week. You will see the number of posts you have created and the number of subscribers you have gained or lost.
In the “Audience” tab, you will see graphs that will give you an overview of subscriber activity. For example, you can find impressions, the number of views of your content, and see how many likes and comments each post receives. This information helps you understand the type of content that resonates with your audience and assess the success of your campaigns.
In addition, the “Activity” section provides you with key information about when your audience is most active on the social network. You can view a graph that shows when your subscribers are most active online every day and another graph that shows the days they are online.
Using these graphics, you can begin to discern Instagram activity patterns for your main audiences. You will see the hours and days of high usage and learn the best times to reach your subscribers through targeted posting strategies.
It is important to follow trends in your statistics closely. As your audience grows, the peak activity periods will likely change as well. Be sure to adapt when you notice changes in peak engagement periods. You don’t want to post your posts based on old data and you don’t want to lose touch with your growing and continuing Instagram community.
Instagram Insights also offers valuable insights into the performance of each post and each Story. You can find details on impressions, comments, likes, and shares that can tell you what type of content is resonating with your audience.
This information can help you assess the success of your social influence and brand ambassador campaigns. It is more important than ever to connect with your target audience. Measuring engagement, sharing and positive feedback can help you identify potential brand ambassadors.
Why you should schedule your Instagram posts?
Publishing your Instagram posts one after the other and manually can be very time consuming.
But good news! You don’t have to worry about your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to reach your audience continuously. You can also use scheduling tools to create and post messages at later dates for your Instagram account.
You will find that many tools for scheduling Instagram posts are easy to use and very user friendly. Some focus exclusively on programming, while others have built-in data analysis and post performance features. With these handy features, you can get information on public activity and engagement, as well as recommendations on the best times to publish.
This can reduce the amount of manual analysis you need to perform, allowing you to focus on creating high-quality content that is very appealing to the public. In addition, you will always know when is the best time to post on Instagram to satisfy your subscribers.
By scheduling your messages, you can streamline your social media marketing efforts. Instead of connecting to each network and posting every day, you can schedule bulk messages in advance, sometimes weeks or months in advance. This allows you to maintain an active and fresh social presence with much less effort. In addition, if you create premium content, such as videos, you can schedule them during peak hours to get as many viewers as possible.
Another advantage of programming tools is that they allow easy reuse of content. You can take a post that has worked well on Instagram and share it on Twitter, Facebook , LinkedIn or other social networks. You can also run multi-level campaigns across multiple networks that inspire your audience to take action, such as taking advantage of a special offer, attending a webinar, or subscribing to your mailing list.
The best tools for scheduling your Instagram posts
Here are the top eight Instagram programming tools we recommend. Although some have free start-up offers, you may need to opt for a paid offer to get the best possible results. Often, such tools offer a short-term free trial. Take advantage of these opportunities to try these tools out as much as possible before buying to familiarize yourself with their features and decide which one best suits your needs.
Note that Facebook Creator Studio is completely free and allows you from your computer to program your Instagram publications via Facebook !
- Facebook Creator Studio : Completely free tool to plan your Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Autogrammer : Thanks to Autogrammer, you can program content on the three main social networks: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. You can also upload and edit your images in bulk.
- Hubspot : Multifaceted platform, Hubspot allows you to plan your posts on a lot of different social networks and offers other resources to support the growth of businesses.
- Later : Tool reserved for Instagramers, Later offers programming by drap-and-drop, drag and drop in French, and an easy-to-understand calendar interface.
- Skedsocial : With Skedsocial, you have a post scheduler and a photo editor, all in one.
- Sprout Social : A sophisticated social media calendar for businesses, Sprout Social allows you to schedule messages and measure user engagement. The tool also has Social Listening functions that help you identify comment trends in your social footprint so that you can include trending topics in your content planning.
- Tailwind : Aimed at bloggers and small businesses, Tailwind helps you post on Instagram and Pinterest. It also offers hashtag searching and downloading of bulk images.
How to schedule your posts on Instagram?
The tool you choose to schedule your Instagram posts will provide you with specific step-by-step instructions. Before you start scheduling posts, you’ll need to create an account with the tool and link it to your Instagram account . The processes for each tool will vary somewhat, but you can still expect to follow some essential steps:
- Create an account : once you have selected a programming tool for posts, you must create an account. Typically, this step requires that you provide an email address, password, and personally identifiable information. If you choose a paid plan, you will need to add credit card information for billing.
- Choose an offer : Instagram tools generally offer several plans. If only one person manages your Instagram account, a basic plan might meet your needs. Often these basic plans are free or inexpensive. If you have more complex needs or if several people manage your account, a paid or premium account may be preferable. These formulas can be a good choice if you need to post on several social networks or if you want to take advantage of advanced audience analysis functions.
- Connect the tool with your Instagram account : after registering with the chosen tool, you will need to connect your professional accounts. Your programming tool should provide you with clear directions for this step. Often this process requires you to provide your Instagram account name and password and to authorize the connection between your Instagram account and the third party tool. You may need to follow additional steps for an Instagram Business account.
- Verify your account : Your tool may ask you to take additional steps to verify your account. In many cases, you will receive an email with a special verification link to confirm this information. After following the appropriate steps, you may receive a follow-up email confirming that you are ready to schedule messages on Instagram.
- Upload and prepare your Instagram posts : Instagram scheduling tools usually offer you a personal dashboard where you can schedule your content. There you can see options for creating new posts or mass uploading content or files from your computer, Google Drive, or Dropbox, or other sources. In addition, you can edit photos and videos, write captions, or add first comments to your messages. Some tools allow you to search and add hashtags and optimize your messages with emojis to enhance their visual appeal.
- Schedule your posts : Once you’re happy with your captions, photos, and videos, you’re ready to schedule your post. Some tools allow you to publish your posts now or publish them in chronological order. You can also select a date and time for a future publication. At this point, your content is placed in a queue and will be automatically sent to your Instagram account when needed. With some tools, you may be able to drag and drop content if you want to adjust the schedule. Other tools can preview your Instagram account page. This allows you to visualize the appearance of your Instagram page and perfect its aesthetics.
How often should you post on Instagram?
Regular publication on social networks is necessary to increase your audience and maintain the engagement of your subscribers. If you want your Instagram feed to remain dynamic and attractive, you can follow the example of the big brands. Studies have shown that leading companies publish on Instagram an average of 1.5 times a day.
Try posting one to three times a day on Instagram.
Remember that it is essential to maintain your publication rate once you have established a rhythm. Consider what would happen if you used to publish three days a week with an increasing number of subscribers, and then reduce your pace to once or twice a week. Your audience would probably lose interest and you would see a sharp drop in engagement.
To avoid this problem, it is best to start at a slower pace. If three times a week is manageable at first, start there and plan to grow your audience over time. Always focus on quality over quantity. You will gain more engagement with great photos and well-constructed captions than by flooding your account with low-interest content.
In summary, identify the frequency of publication that you can manage and do quality work for each publication. You can always add more posts as you get to grips with the nuances of your Instagram scheduler and become more familiar with content creation. If you created solid content from the start, your audience will be happy to see more frequent posts from you.
Get closer to your subscribers
Having an active presence on social networks is an essential digital marketing strategy. However, it can be difficult to know how to stage your content on different social platforms in order to maximize the value of each tweet or message.
Each social network has different audience standards and engagement, so you need to adapt to each of them. The best time to post on Instagram may not be the same as on Twitter or Facebook, for example. Fortunately, you can use dedicated tools to help you understand the nuances of your audience, share content at the best times, and extend your social reach.
With more than a billion users worldwide and growing rapidly, Instagram should be an essential part of your social media marketing mix. A very visual network, Instagram has a high engagement rate and has many dedicated users.
To make the most of your presence on the platform, you should not post randomly and hope for the best. Instead, you need to know when is the best time to post for your industry and use the statistics tool to track your audience’s activity. Third-party tools can help you broaden your knowledge and streamline your Instagram content management efforts.
By using the right tools, you can understand how to get in touch with subscribers. You can find out which days of the week and what times of the day most people will be affected. Keep in mind that the freshness of the content is the DNA of the Instagram algorithm. So, to generate more engagement you will need to publish at a specific time when you are likely to see significant user activity. Over time, you will learn to master Stories, videos and powerful advertising campaigns that draw attention to your brand and generate new business opportunities.
Remember that revising your Instagram analytics and changing posting times are not unique tasks. As your audience grows, you will see changes in business trends. You should revise your Instagram posts calendar according to the changing needs of your audience.
To streamline your Instagram publishing efforts, you can use one of the many social programming tools that are available today. Some offer value-added features, such as photo editing or hashtag searching. Use these assets to keep your content fresh, relevant and engaging. You can use tools to understand